- This event has passed.
HOA Board Member Boot Camp – Tempe, AZ
Apr 19th @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
HOA Board Members,
Thank you for your service to your community! We are grateful for people like you who volunteer their time to help make their HOA a better place. We share in your vision, and are here to assist you in making your term of Board service productive and positive.
VF Law’s Arizona office is hosting a free Board Member Boot Camp where we will discuss a wide range of topics impacting HOA Board members including:
- Board member duties to the Association
- Board meeting requirements: notice, quorum, minutes, etc.
- Navigating conflicts of interest
- Open meeting laws
- Executive session Board meetings
- Board member use of email
- Board member confidentiality
- Taking action outside of Board meetings
- Tips to keep Board members out of trouble
New this year, we’ll include a mock Board meeting, complete with unruly homeowners, difficult decisions to make, and board member disputes. Come and watch the fun play out and discover techniques for keeping difficult meetings on track.
Whether you are a veteran Board member or just recently elected, you will benefit from our Board Training Boot Camp! We look forward to seeing you at this workshop.
Includes: Presentation, handouts, Q & A and refreshments.
Cost is free, but please RSVP by emailing Teri.Rodrigues@vf-law.com or calling (480) 448-1334.