Homeowner and Condominium Association Assistance
Vial Fotheringham is the premier regional law firm in the Northwest, Intermountain West, Southwest, and Rocky Mountain area dedicated to the representation, analysis, and advocacy of homeowner associations. For over 30 years, hundreds of planned communities (including PUDs, Condominium Associations, and Homeowners Associations) look to us to assist them in collecting unpaid assessments, interpreting and enforcing their rules, helping them rewrite their governing documents, and providing general legal guidance and counsel. Give us a call for a free consultation!
In addition to our array of HOA law services and assistance, we also offer numerous educational opportunities, publications, and resources. We pride ourselves on passing on our knowledge and experience to you, in order to help your community run more smoothly. Visit our Events, Resources, and Learning Store pages to get more information!
CAI CCAL Certified!
We are proud to announce that two of our attorneys, Richard Vial and Bruce Jenkins, have been accepted into the prestigious CAI College of Community Association Lawyers. This designation is only bestowed upon attorneys (less than 150 throughout the entire nation) that distinguish themselves through contribution, commitment, and dedication to educate and empower association boards and their residents. We are honored that two of our attorneys have been designated CCAL certified, offering truly expert HOA assistance and advice.
FHA Approval for Condominiums
At Vial Fotheringham, we know the FHA regulations inside and out, handle the application process from start to finish, and get condo projects approved efficiently and without hassle. Our attorneys:
- Stay current on the frequent changes to FHA regulations;
- Identify and resolve issues before submitting the FHA application (saving time, money, and frustration in the long run);
- Help the project become eligible if there are issues, including amending governing documents to comply with guidelines;
- Handle complicated projects that others won't (projects dealing with recent litigation, special assessments, loans, and rental restrictions);
- Sign the "Project Certification" ourselves, so the client doesn't have to (avoiding potential liability);
- Charge a predetermined flat fee with no surprise charges; and
- Get projects approved in a timely manner without complications or confusion
When preparing to submit an FHA application, we review the project's governing documents, financials, and eligibility, in order to make necessary changes proactively. This often includes amending governing docs to comply with guidelines, and walking the association through the changes. Instead of just submitting and hoping all goes well, we take the time to make sure the project is eligible, and then help the client understand and resolve any issues. Even if your condominium's application has already been rejected, we can clean up the mess and get the project approved.
FHA approval benefits all parties, and makes for a more successful community. Our goal is to make this approval process easier, stress-free, and fast! Email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.